Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cold Feet

I have to say that I almost got cold feet about even starting this program....Which REALLY surprised me. I have really been looking forward to doing this for months and 2 days before the fitness testing I start FREAKING OUT! I think what if I blow it...what if I can't follow through and do this.....Or worse yet what if I fail? After much thought and chatting with my BFF I realized that this is my M.O. This is what I do.....So now what to do? I decided to put my big girl pants on and COMMIT. Not just a little .....A LOT. I am going to trust the process...Trust the Coach ( does this sound familiar Chris?) And pray that things will fall in to place and I  CHANGE. Not just because it is a new year....Because this is exactly what I need to do. Not for anyone else .FOR ME....Why? BECAUSE I CAN!

4 comments:

  1. Love the 'put on my big girl pants and COMMIT' line. So insightful, yes? I can totally relate. Life happens...in this season, my dad passed on 12/30 and today 1/10, we are still waiting for a death cert so we can plan the funeral. Anyway, in the midst of life, I make other priorities more important than my health. You are right - 'this is exactly what you need to do'... and 'not for anyone else.' Just reading your simple post is motivating me today. Thank you. Looking forward to meeting you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! You CAN do it! Thanks for the pep talk. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sure sign you are right where you need to be - getting out of your comfort zone is a HUGE part of BTWG. If one is NOT out of their comfort zone at various points in the program they are NOT in the program at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, WHAT CHRIS SAID! So happy you are doing the program and I KNOW you will reap huge benefits of mind, heart, body and soul. -Sherri D.

    ReplyDelete