Monday, March 7, 2011

Its a Process

After the BTWG meeting I was kind of thinking how my thought process has changed from when the program began until now. I will have to say in the beginning I was gung ho and my focus was really weight loss. As I reflect now I have to say my focus has changed a bit. Now I am thinking about my total wellness and not so much what the scale says. I have to say that I really don't care what the scale says anymore. Because when you achieve balance the rest is a cake walk...Alright so a cake with no sugar walk :) So then I started to think what it really meant to "be balanced" And my thoughts are....Ok so I am not perfect but I am working everyday on becoming a better person, and having more balance will make me a better Mom, daughter , sister, friend. For me to be balanced is saying that I am OK with living as a single woman because I can finally say I like me. Being balanced is stopping and taking in 10 deep cleansing breaths when you are ready to blow a gasket, or sitting quietly in prayer for 10 minutes a day and talking to God or just sitting with no thoughts at all. It is getting out of the house and doing 30 60 minutes of exercise a day because it makes me feel better physically and mentally. It is eating foods that are good fuel for my body so I can be healthy, and continue to do all the things I still have left to do in this life. Being balanced is not sweating the small stuff because at the end of the day that's all it really is.....small stuff. As I reflect this program is much more to me than just weight loss or the number of pounds I have hoped to shed. I am so grateful for my BTWG community, and the people that work out at PR Fitness because I have never in my life met a more caring, genuine group of people ever and for that I am eternally grateful! Isn't it funny how God can strategically place us exactly where we need to be?

3 comments:

  1. You are right, Becky, you are right where you need to be! I love your insight, thank you for sharing this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post, Becky! Thanks for taking the time and energy to share this with the rest of us.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful insight and encouragement, girl! Thanks. You're right . . . . it is SO much more than the scale. :)

    ReplyDelete